Home > Saturday Clinic Program in Nairobi
Saturday Clinic Program in Nairobi
Saturday Clinics have been running at Kenyatta National Hospital since 2003, and in this time has treated over 300 children suffering from cleft lips and palates.
The program runs twice every non – mission month. Check the mission schedule to know when the next Saturday Clinic will take place.
The clinic aims to treat 100 patients each year to the highest level of medical care.
The Saturday Clinic model has myriad benefits. This project:
The program also provides an opportunity for training for less experienced volunteers as well as registrars (undergraduate and postgraduate students) who are later recruited as volunteers. OSMIK supporters also get to experience, first – hand, how volunteers create miracles for facially deformed children.
- Provides care for patients who are unable to access the other missions held around the country.
- Caters for patients who have severe deformities that cannot undergo surgery during missions as they require a great deal of time and attention.
- Allows patients who have been turned away from the missions due to malnutrition or ill – health to undergo surgery when they are healthier.
- Has a central location in Nairobi which is accessible to all.
- Has an annual running cost similar to that of a mission and so is extremely cost –effective.
- Supplies treatment and care all year round.
- Is linked to the hospital so medical staff can refer anyone who may have appropriate problems.
- Furthers our excellent relationship with the Kenyatta National Hospital, which facilitates efficient surgery and promotes our work to potential volunteers.
For more information contact:
Cel: +254 713 463 512